Cyprus, the third largest island in the Mediterranean, is a perfect place to live for many with its safe streets, high quality of life and excellent beaches. It is one of the most frequently researched countries . Which doesn’t come off as a surprise when you consider the 120 thousand students that study in Cyprus and over 1 million tourists coming to enjoy the sun every year. Alongside the growing tourism and education sectors, the real estate sector is experiencing a development boom with increased number of investments day by day. Although Morphou is an agricultural production centre, it is also a places that intrigues investors because of the advantageous prices of land and houses for sale. In this article, we will offer advice for those who want to buy villas for sale in Morphou.
Pros and Cons of Morphou (Güzelyurt)
Morphou continues to develop itself as one of the prominent cities of Cyprus with its fertile agricultural lands and historical ruins.
The city of Morphou is home to the Cypriot campus of Middle East Technical University. Moreover, Morphous is estimated to become an even more important location for education in the coming year with new ongoing university projects.
Morphou is 40 kilometers from Nicosia and 47 kilometers from Kyrenia. You can reach Morphou by air via Ercan Airport in Nicosia.
Recently, there has been a noticeable increase in the demand for villas for sale in Morphou. In this respect, the disadvantage of Morphou is that the existing villas are insufficient to meet the high levels of demand as the real estate sector is still in development in the area.
Villa Options for Sale in Morphou (Güzelyurt)
Those who want to escape from the chaos, noise, traffic and pollution of the city evaluate the options of luxury villas for sale in Morphou to be surrounded by nature.
The villa options in Morphou are divided into two categories as standard and luxury villas. Standard villas do not have a private garden and pool, and do not exceed 200 square metres in size. Luxury villas, on the other hand have their own private garden and pool and are spacious properties usually larger than 200 square metres.
Option for Morphou villas for sale also vary according to their distance to the beach, the number of usable rooms, and according to the age of the building. Among the villa options for sale in TRNC Morphou, everyone can find the property that suits their expectations and budget. Morphou is one of the most suitable places to buy the villa that you dream of. Since the real estate sector is just starting to develop, the prices are quite affordable and the value of the real estateyou purchased increases day by day. As a result, investing in real estate in Morphou is a very profitable choice.
For more information, we recommend that you take a look at our article on Advices on Buying a House for Sale Morphou.
Prices of Villas for Sale in Morphou (Güzelyurt)
Standard villas for sale in Morphou are currently available at a price range of £57,000 to £100,000.
Luxury villa prices in Morphou vary between £165,000 and £220,000. You can compare real estate prices in other TRNC cities on the Prices of Villas for Sale in Cyprus page.
If you want to earn rental income in Morphou, you can also take a look at our Cyprus Rental House Prices article.
Things to Look Out for When Buying a Villa for Sale in Morphou (Güzelyurt)
- Go to an in-person viewing of the property and inspect the house
- Inquire about any legal restrictions the property may have such as mortgages, lien or tax debt.
- Find out the title deed type of the property as there are different types of title deeds specific to Cyprus. For more information about title deeds in Cyprus visit this article: Types of Title Deeds in Cyprus
- If you are going to buy a second-hand villa, carefully examine the house and determine whether it needs renovation. If repairs are required, determine how much additional costs may be incurred.
- Question the earthquake resistance of your villa.
- Make sure that the garden of the villa is also on the title deed.
- If you will be the first owner of the villa, check the quality of the material used in the interior furnitures.
- Find out the taxes you have to pay when you buy the villa and take the necessary actions to avoid a penalty.
- Be aware of the taxes you will encounter during the purchasing process such as Cyprus title deed transfer fees and costs.
- If you don’t have any experience in purchasing a house consult a real estate agent.
If you are planning to buy a villa, house or flat in TRNC, it is important to work with reliable companies who know the local dynamics. Before making a real estate investment in Northern Cyprus, you can contact us by using the contact button at the bottom of the page and benefit from our free real estate consultancy service.